That would be four people’s whose stories are told in Voices of Aloha on Magical Maui.How did Polynesians, Hawaiians, missionaries and sugar barons shape Maui? How has the visitor experience evolved decade after decade? What do Hawaiians think about the loss of their kingdom and the more recent Hawaiian renaissance? Who are the colorful characters and so many others who have wonderful stories to tell? How do these remarkable people shape the visitor experience?
“Intriguing. Illuminating”–Maui Time Weekly
Discover who makes Maui Maui in my new book
If you love Maui or are planning a visit, if you are curious about us, wouldn’t you like to know more of what we are all about beyond the beach? Through short profiles from an award- winning writer you will discover:
- Who are the top musicians you can hear very day? (more).
- What do modern whalers do today?
- Who is the most fun bartender?
- Where can I find best DJ on the radio?
- What is the true meaning of aloha and how should you pronounce it?
- What is passion for Maui all about?
- Who is the world’s only queen who composed Hawaii’s “national anthem sung today and how did she happen to throw snowballs in Colorado.
- Who was Hawaii’s first feminist? Why did the U.S Congress apologize to Hawaii?
- What did visiting humorist Mark Twain call Hawaii.How did missionaries change Hawaii. us
All fascinating tales that make for enjoyable reading.
- 7,351 hits